Please note that, in contrast to other providers, onOffice has no limits for sending serial mails.
With the onOffice enterprise edition you can easily create serial mails to send an email to several of your prospects or selected customers, send newsletters or e.g. New Year’s wishes. With a serial email, a single email is sent to each recipient. This means that each email also contains the appropriate individual letter salutation.
A serial mail is created in the normal “email dialog”, the serial mail mode is activated by clicking the “Serial mail” button in the upper right corner. Thus, the functions for templates, drafts, property links or attachments are the same and are not described here. The “Separate recipients” and Options tabs are inactive. Details can be found under “Writing E-Mails“.
For serial mails, activity entries are stored in the addresses. In the property records as well, but this can be influenced.
In the tutorials you will find an example for a serial mail.
If you send an email with linked interested parties to the owner on the “Interested parties” tab in a property via “Contact” >> “Contact owner”, serial emails are not possible and the “Serial mail” button is deactivated.
Compose serial mail
First create the text for a serial email like a normal email – you only need the serial email mode when sending it.
As a normal email, you can create the text at your leisure, check it and then save it as a draft.
Serial mails are sent to a large number of recipients, the selection of the right recipient is the main difference to writing an ordinary email.
In general, if there are two or three characteristics to select addresses as recipients, then a filter is suitable.
If there are many “exceptions” to the filtered address list or if there is no manageable combination of characteristics, you should create a worklist. This can be based on a filter and is then manually extended or reduced.
Sending – Activate serial mail mode
You should only activate the mail merge mode once the content and recipient of the mail merge have been defined.
You can activate the serial mail mode in the email dialog in the upper right corner by clicking the “Serial mail” button.
In mail merge mode, the “To” field is replaced with the category “Mail Merge”:
- Address selection: Via filters / worklists you can select the recipients – see address selection.
The recipients are selected via the newly added “Filter” or “Worklist” selections. The tutorial for serial mails discusses the differences in recipient selection via filters and addresses.
The number of address records from the selection is displayed at the bottom of the email dialog next to the address icon. The number of address records is shown without checking the entered email addresses. The number of emails sent may therefore be lower.
- Newsletter dispatch, this option is active by default. This means that only addresses that have explicitly ordered a newsletter will be contacted – i.e. those that have a “Yes” in the “Newsletter” field in the basic data of the address data record.
If you deactivate the option, a warning symbol is displayed at the bottom of the email dialog above the number of recipients. This option is only available if the field “Newsletter” has also been activated in the address records(Administration).
- Do not create agents log entries, active if properties are linked and the option is activated in the basic settings . If the option is activated, no activity or agents log entry about the sending of the serial mail is entered in addresses and properties.
- Format Html, the format of the email is changed to Html for serial mailings. You can also use it to send templates in “Text only” format, these will then be packed in “Html”.
- Trace shipping: When sending a serial email, it is also possible to record who opened the email. The additional module “Marketing-Box” is available for this purpose. There you will also find details about the function and configuration.
Please note that individual evaluation is only permitted with the consent of the recipient. It is necessary that you have previously obtained permission from each addressee to store their reading behaviour by means of “tracking pixels”.
After selecting the variant of the serial mail dispatch and the matching recipients, you can load the draft of the serial mail content via the “Template” field. Before sending, please check the sender (field “Identity”), the signature and check the content via the tab “Preview”.
It is sent in blocks of 50 emails.